Saturday, January 24, 2015

Sketchbook Boot Kamp: Selfie Fast and Slow

When I started Sketchbook Skool, I disliked selfies and was very uncomfortable doing one. This selfie was an assignment for Sketchbook Skool Boot Kamp.

 Sketchbook Boot Kamp: Selfie Fast and Slow
Paper:Stratford Multi-media Visual Journal 9"x12"
                      Media: Sennelier Watercolor, Noodler Flex Pen, Noodler Konrad  Brush Pen, Higgins India Ink for fountain pens (non-waterproof)
Note: Stratford Visual Journal did not buckle with watercolor wash

I did the fast part of this selfie using Sennelier watercolor. I began the slow part with a Noodler flex pen, then changed to a Noodler Conrad Brush Pen.

Since doing my family sketch during "Influences", I can see more clearly the resembles between my family and myself. I must be a better observer.

I look tired! It's not surprising; the selfie was done in the evening. I don't dislike selfies as much as I did when I first began to draw them in "Seeing".  I may do a series of selfies at different times for several days. The differences in expression ought to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment