Friday, January 23, 2015

Sketchbook Boot Kamp: Influences 3

This assignment involved selecting an artist's work, loosely sketching it and writing impressions of the work.

I selected one of Picasso's Roosters after being jumped by our rooster, who has temporarily escaped from his coop. He strutted through the yard, head and tail feathers held high, calling to his hens, the hens next door, and the hens down the road. When not calling to the hens, he would jump my dog Homer or me. I learned never turn your back on a rooster and bend over to pick something up.
Picasso's rooster struck so many chords with me, from the physical pose to the lack of intelligence in his expression. How can a bird that looks that dumb escape from his coop and evade all attempts at recapture?
I used a brush pen, providing flexibility when making lines.



Paper: Stillman-Birn Alpha Series Sketchbook 8" by 10"Media: Noodler's Konrad Brush Pen, Higgins Fountain Pen India Ink (nonwaterproof)Note: The Noodler's Konrad Brush Pen is a new acquisition from Goulet Pens. I'm looking forward to practicing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment